Monday, April 8, 2013

My Grapa

This morning at 6 am, my Grapa passed peacefully from this earth to his heavenly home.  He fought a long battle, and it was time.  My head knows this; it's just taking a little bit longer for my heart to catch up.

I was there with my family last night in his final hours, and as difficult as it is to see someone you love so dearly make the transition it was an honor to be there for him and with him.  He was a good man and lived an amazing life, and I am beyond grateful that I had him in my life for thirty-five years. 

Thank you, Grapa, for the laughter, the memories, and the love. 






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Amanda, yes, we are all very blessed to have this man in our life.
Mom

Easy Rider said...

So sorry for your loss, keeping you guys on my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Amanda...sorry to hear about your grapa. I know he will always be with you....OL

Page Turner said...

Sorry for your and your families loss. Beautiful tribute to him. Looks like you have some great memories.
The Page Turner

Arizona said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Know you are so blessed that girls were able to know a great grandparent, my boys don't have that. I hope you find comfort in his memory!
think of you and your family & sending prayers!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails