Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pebbles Is Funny

Although this blog serves as a medium for keeping friends, family, members, acquaintances, and I suppose the random stranger up to date on the goings on of our little family of four, I imagine that some check in to also get the occasional update on some of our extended family members.  After all, the four of us residing at One Carbon Hill are really only as interesting as the people we surround ourselves with, correct?

Well, for those members of my side of the family who check-in here to see what the rest of the Poke Posse is up to, I bring you today's post.  Not to say that the rest of you reading won't also appreciate it, because let's be honest with ourselves for a hot minute.  Is there anyone who can resist this chubby cheeked face?


I didn't think so.

In case you don't recognize her, this is Pebbles.  I don't know how it's possible NOT to recognize her given the fact that she's a perfect combination of her father and mother.  Anyway, Miss Pebbles is now a 14 month old terror in training.  Don't be deceived by her innocent looks, precious strawberry blond curls, and mile long eyelashes.  This little chick is fiesty.  She took her first solo steps just last night, but that lack of two legged mobility has not stopped her from scaling any vertical surface she can find.  She has adopted the always fun behaviors of tantrums, biting, and toy throwing, and she does not appreciate when you try to interfere with her intended form of mayhem.  

While I do not condone inappropriate or unsafe behaviors at any age, I'm also not afraid to encourage them slyly because I'm the aunt and that's one of the perks of this job.  Fire them up, laugh heartily at their hijinks, and then pass them back to mom and dad with a chuckle and a "Good luck with that one!" send-off.  

Saturday I volunteered to watch Pebbles while Cari and Erik moved from their current home to their brand-new-on-the-inside By The Lake House.  I'm sure it comes as a surprise to no one when I say that I did very little in terms of Pebbles safety and well being while she was in my care.  McKenna was on self-appointed babysitting duties and took the job very seriously.  It's pretty obvious that Pebbles is a serious fan of her oldest cousin, following her every move and giving her the biggest of smiles before anyone else.  I've included a video I shot last weekend of Pebbles stacking Jenga blocks on one of the end tables at my mom's house.  I'll warn you in advance that it's a little long in run time.  Really I want you to focus on two things, both of which take place within the first 90 seconds or so.  First, please note the laughter of pure joy coming from McKenna.  I think it proves that McKenna is more than just a little bit entertained by Pebbles.  Secondly, make sure you don't miss any of the hilarious facial expressions from Pebbles.  This is only a small sampling (I, of course, didn't have my camera or phone handy for the really good ones), but I think you'll get the idea.  If I only could have captured the look she threw my direction when I tried to interfere with her lego throwing later in the day.  The term "death glare" comes to mind.


Christmas at mom & dad's this year is going to be so much fun.

3 comments:

QPT said...

Wow What a Funny Music fromWhite House Turkey

Parker said...

I think her eyelashes actually cast their own shadow! She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Week Mrs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails