Thursday, June 7, 2012

You Can Also File This One Under "Things I'm Not Embarrassed To Admit"

So there's this little ear worm of a song out there. Sure it's probably more geared toward the teeny bopper set, but I don't care. I'm a 34 year old mother of two and I love to sing Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" like I'm auditioning for this summer's season of America's Got Talent.

It all started with Shortcake who initially fell in love with the song. I loaded it onto the girls' iPods and we gathered as a family one evening bonding while Shortcake did her best young-girl-trying-to-channel-her-inner-Pop Star and Punkin simultaneously showcased some of her more impressive dance moves. This song clearly transcends generation gaps as even an alternative/metal preferring General even declared this song as "catchy". Then, just when three of us thought we couldn't love the song more (the fourth, Punkin, declared her hatred for this song the day this little Internet nugget of awesomeness was discovered) we found this:


I'm sorry, but this song and accompanying video just makes me happy.

3 comments:

Munchkin said...

I heard that song four times while in Chicago last Saturday night and was seriously considering cutting off my own ears by the third rendition just so I wouldn't have to hear it again

Anonymous said...

Come on Mrs. Where is that creative writing?? I miss you and all the going on at onecarbonhill :(

Just curious, anyone else missing the Mrs.?

Gramma Poke

Tina said...

This video makes me giggle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails