Thursday, June 28, 2012

Through The Years

In June of 2005, this is what the children of The General's family looked like. Having a child of my own meant that I was invited as an exclusive member of the Group Picture Club, joining seasoned veterans AL and Mrs. MC. We took the picture at Sears in Bloomington. The studio was small and I spent a significant portion of that event wiping sweat from my brow while chasing after a quick crawling, crabby Shortcake. In this picture she is less than a month away from her first birthday; her almost always happy demeanor was not to be captured on film on this particular day.

In June 2007 I was now the mother to two daughters, a feisty one year old with a mind of her own and a sweet as pie almost three year old who was just recently potty trained. Seeing as how our group had expanded both in number and size we decided to take advantage of the larger studios at Portrait Innovations where the experienced photographers took almost 75 photographs in a variety of poses in less than 15 minutes. I like to think they were really good at their job and their speed had nothing to do with their desires to get our troop out of their studio as quickly as possible.


In June of 2012 our family picture has grown by four. A harmoniously equal combination of six beautiful girls and six handsome boys. The sweet baby faces of some are long gone, their adorable baby rolls transformed into long limbs of lean muscle. The addition of the new faces brings a sense of perfection knowing we move ever closer to this generation being complete. I look at this picture and smile every single time, looking back at how far they've come and filled with excitement for how much farther they will go in their lifetime. My heart swells with happiness that I get the honor of being in their lives from the very beginning.

This crew is part of the legacy of Big Bad Papa and Guardian Angel Grandma, and I count my blessings every single day that my children are a part of it. Being part of this legacy means our girls will never go without knowing and being surrounded by love, honor, compassion, and integrity.

I could not ask for any more for them as they continue to find their way in the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...in the second one I still think Pumkin and A look like sisters, maybe not so much in the third pic. Cute Grandkids Big Papa and Guardian Angel Peggy!

The Page Turner said...

They are beautiful! Your wonderful writing gave me goosebumps!

Tru Stories said...

Why are there a couple boys in that last picture that are starting to look like little men? That's not about to happen to our little Connor boys... is it???

Beautiful post.

The Bride said...

So HAPPY to have made an addition to the group!

you can call me al said...

I'll second all of that Tru Stories!
And Page Turner too!

Tina said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love the t-shirts!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails