Friday, March 2, 2012

Never Felt Classier

Scene: The Dollar General, somewhere between the laundry detergent and pet food

The Mrs.: (walking swiftly between aisles, scanning furiously for plain glass containers and/or loose craft beads while half listening to her daughters trailing behind)

Shortcake: (retelling stories of the day's events) Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Punkin: (competing with her sister at a louder volume while retelling stories of her own day's events) Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

The Mrs.: Mmmhmm. Oh, yeah? Hmm, that's interesting.

Punkin: Mom. Hey, mom! Mom, guess what? The nuhse came into ouw woom today to check everyone's hay-uh!

The Mrs.: (slight pause, then browsing continues) Really? Everyone got checked today?

Punkin: Yep!

Shortcake: Why did she do that? I bet it was for head lice.

Punkin: (realizes I'm more than two feet away, increases voice volume by at least 25 dB to compensate) Yeah, I think so. And mom. Hey, mom. Guess what? Guess who had the head lice? It was ME!

*imagine record scratching sound here*

The Mrs.: (looks around frantically for nearby patrons who may have overheard this bold announcement) No you do not. You do not have head lice. Do not even say that.

Punkin: Yeah, I know. I was just being funny.

*end scene*




(She's like a chameleon, able to transform herself to match whatever her surroundings may be.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girl knows how to get your attention! I have to admit I was reading fast to find out! Gramma P

Tru Stories said...

For a moment, I felt a sense of loss, knowing I wouldn't be able to let my children be around Punkin for at least 3-4 months.
And... I itched my head while reading this.

The Page Turner said...

Kids are so funny! Promise you will still blog when the girls are in high school.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails