Monday, February 20, 2012

Am I Missing Something?

Picture It.

One daughter is dressed in jeans, a comfortable fleece sweatshirt, and new running shoes. She's standing next to the iPod cases, calmly browsing the selection.

Nearby is her sister, 21 months her junior. She's wearing fashionable black leggings, a top littered with rhinestones, sparkling jewels around her neck and in her ears, and knock-off Ugg boots while dancing like someone auditioning for the staff party scene in Dirty Dancing.

The only similarity between the two that I can immediately spy is that their brown and dishwater blonde hair is pulled back in ponytails (one a standard-issue, the other with a side braid flair; I'll let you guess who wore which).

Despite what to me are obvious differences, strangely I was asked twice in less than a 30 minute time frame, if our girls were twins. And when I told them no, they are actually almost two years apart in age, each inquirer shot me a look of total disbelief. Even more strangely, this is not an isolated event. It has been happening more and more often as the girls have gotten older.

Now, granted, there's not much of a height difference between the girls. It appears as though Shortcake is taking after Munchkin, whereas Punkin seems to be on the taller side for her age (it should be noted, however, that Tink, Lil, and Aubrey don't help for comparison purposes with their own pixie like growth patterns). But seriously. Twins?

I just don't get it.


Also, clearly the girls do not share twin-like reactions when asked to have their picture taken for blog documentation purposes. Perhaps their personalities are slightly different too? One maybe is slightly more dramatic than the other? Hmm, must be fraternal I guess.

5 comments:

The Page Turner said...

That picture is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Page Turner...there's no doubt about what Punkin is thinking...it's written all over her face!!

Big Boca Bob said...

6 1/2 years separate my younger sister and I. To this day....we still get asked if we are twins. Tell the girls to get used to it.

P.S. Best part of this blog?

Punkin's face.

I hope this is a phase that she NEVER grows out of......

Tru Stories said...

They are not even close to Twins. But they are equally celebrities in this house. Coco called your girls on her 'cell phone' at least 43 times yesterday... to see "hey.. whatta doin?"

Tina said...

I love it. Katie and I look a lot alike....she's just skinnier and shorter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails