Monday, January 16, 2012

Woo Hoo!

Thanks to two kind donations yesterday from Cari's sister and future brother-in-law and the Tru Stories clan, I am officially over my fundraising goal for the March 4th Polar Plunge. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far. I am humbled by your generosity, and on behalf of the Special Olympians that I work with I want to thank you for supporting them and their endeavors!

If you haven't donated yet and would like to, there's still time. To make things interesting, I've decided to take a small gamble with this proclamation: If I am able to double my initial fundraising goal, I will vow to completely submerge myself in the frigid waters of Loon Lake. There's no rule for how far into the lake participants are required to go during the Polar Plunge. I was initially thinking I'd run in to a depth at about knee deep, but if I am able to raise $500 I will go all the way under (and have the pictures to prove it).

Our team also has two fundraising events coming up. Next Friday, we'll be hosting "A Night On Broadway" at Salon Trends in Coal City. Close to 40 baskets will be raffled off that night and wine, cheese, and crackers will be available to enhance the shopping experience. Early in the works is our Polar Coaler Trivia Night being held on Saturday, February 25th. Tables (with up to 10 participants per table) will be available for $100 for a night filled with trivia fun and gifts. Check you calendars and consider forming a team - it should be a fun night!

Thank you again to those who have already donated to the Polar Plunge and Special Olympics Illinois, and thank you to those who are considering making a donation. If you'd like to see me act a fool by dunking myself in a frozen lake, you can click here to go directly to my fundraising page to make a donation or click on the link in the right sidebar of this blog. Donations by cash or check are also welcome!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails