Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolved

In addition to taking a picture a day, I've also set one other not-so-original resolution for myself.

Get my fat butt back in shape.

It's ridiculous what I've let happen to my body since training for the half-marathon ended. I'm not expecting miracles, like fitting into size zero jeans, although that would be amazing. I would just like to feel good about myself, feel comfortable in my clothes, and not feel parts of my body jiggle that should most certainly not be jiggling during ordinary tasks like tooth brushing or dish washing. Seriously, it's not pretty.

I need to take control over my poor food choices and bad eating habits. I need to cut out the empty calories that comes with drinking pop and pick up my water intake significantly. I need to work out consistently. I need to stop making excuses.

I weigh more now than I ever have (not counting those combined 18 months of being pregnant), and it's disturbing. I don't expect to drop twenty pounds; I don't even expect to drop ten if I'm being honest. All I want is to makes choices that will leave me feeling better physically, mentally, and emotionally and in the process set an example for my daughters about the importance of taking care of your body in an effort to be your healthiest self. No big deal, right?

Operation Less Jiggly back in effect. Let's do this.

8 comments:

Big Boca Bob said...

Rock on, girl! Though I have become somewhat attached to my jiggle, I'm right there with ya! It's slightly depressing to have to hold back my underarm fat just to do my hair in the morning. Okay.....maybe a little more than slightly. Buns-O-Steel, here I come!

Munchkin said...

I'm starting an INSANITY challenge next Monday, you're welcome to join

Tru Stories said...

You guys need to come to Yoga and Pilates... it hurts and it's social!! 2 birds, one stone...
Usually Warhol is funny.
That helps.

Moder said...

I agree with your less jiggly operation. I was in great shape over the summer, but once the school year started, exercise and healthy eating all went downhill. Time to be more active and stop the jiggle! Happy New Year!

Cath said...

I hear ya. I'm tired of this extra fat. I've pretty much lost my baby weight, but now I need to lose the weight I needed to lose before I got pregnant again. I want to do that insanity too Munchkin, but am half scared and half feel like I won't have time. I don't sleep as it is! Oh I'm already making excuses just leaving this message haha.

Munchkin said...

Cath - I start Monday, I'll let you know how it is, I'm told the first 30 days the workouts are 35 min, which is way better than P90x that I tried a while ago

Tina said...

I'm up for OGLJWI! Let's get it going again!

Cath said...

Good luck! If your follow up isn't bad I'll jump on the bandwagon. Jessie seems like she'd be a good person to stay on your ass about keeping up with it too, added bonus.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails