Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hollywood Masquerade

There are many stories I could tell from last night's Hollywood Masquerade. I could talk about the pre-party - the snacks, the lively conversation, even share some pictures. I could then go on to talk about all the great outfits and masks that were showcased at last night's event. There were some gorgeous dresses, some very fancy masks, and some outside-of-the-box creativity on display to be sure. I could share tales of fun on the dance floor or of random conversations that took place throughout the evening. And trust me - if I were to share these tales you would be entertained and sad that you missed out on a fun evening held with the sole purpose of hating on cancer.



But really that video clip tells you everything you need to know about last night. Big musical number with larger than life personality. Participation in such elaborate productions comes with the territory of being a part of this family, and while I was quite certain that sometime between 9:48 pm and 10:02 pm I was going to suffer from a case of the nervous barfs all over the Parish Hall floor, I embraced my show choir roots and survived. In the end, I'm honored to have been a part of it.

Congratulations to the Connor family for once again pulling off an amazing evening that we'll certainly talk about at every family gathering between now and next January. You never cease to amaze us with your talent and eye for detail.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome. Seriously.

Awesome.

Tina said...

Mitch's comment: "I hope that was a fresh pair of underwear."

Every year after you post about this event, I wish I lived closer so I could attend! What a great time!

The Page Turner said...

You all did an amazing job!

Parker said...

Awesome! Clearly, Dave has no shame! I think Duffy might be have some PTSD issues to deal with for years to come!

Great job! Thanks for sharing (i think).

Parker (Mallaney) said...

Oh...poor Duffy! Awesome job again this year!

Anonymous said...

And we question where Punkin got her acting skills?
Really......??!!

Gramma Poke

The Mrs. said...

For the record, I have never once questioned the origins of ANY of Punkin's personalities, moods, quirks, or eccentricities.

(Mitch - totally fresh. Two pairs left for any repeat performance requests.)

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't have given to have pantless Frankenstein slid across MY table......I will be waiting for next years party Frank.....OL

Munchkin said...

i just watched it again

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails