Saturday, December 24, 2011

My Favorite Day Of The Year

Shortcake and Punkin have been tracking Santa's delivery route all morning. The table is set with the fancy china, all of the food is prepped as much as it can be, the house is mostly clean, and I only have a couple of loads of laundry to fold and put away. Christmas music is playing in the background, a few presents are wrapped and waiting under the tree to be opened tonight, and the girls already have their plan for what we should leave out for Santa (three cookies, Skittles, some carrots, and chocolate milk). Santa's special key is hanging next to the front door so he can get tonight to leave the girls their gifts - if they've been good, that is.

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the holiday season, probably of the whole year. I love the traditions that we've created as a family - new ones for our family of four blended with those from The General and my own childhoods - and I love soaking up the excitement of the girls as they spend all day anticipating Santa's arrival.

As always during the holidays, I am reminded of how lucky we are and have been during this past year. There are so many families that are struggling right now, and I spent several minutes last night saying a prayer of thanks for all that we have been blessed with - loving family, good friends, jobs that provide, a warm home, vehicles that carry us safely from destination to destination, our health. In the season of giving, there's honestly nothing more I could ask to receive that those things.



Here's wishing the same for all of you. Merry Christmas from the crew at One Carbon Hill!

2 comments:

The Page Turner said...

Merry Christmas to one of my favorite blog families!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. I love onecarbonhill. Thank you for a wonderful Christmas Eve. We are Blessed.
Merry Christmas. Mom and Dad

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails