Monday, October 24, 2011

Right Now

I am sitting at the computer, perusing the long list of blogs that I read each day, decompressing after a typical Monday. Outside the living window I'm watching my daughters run around the house, faces radiant with wide smiles. I can hear the laughter and joyful shouts of my husband and our girls as they play football in the backyard. I have dinner mostly prepared, the girls' homework is nearly complete, and I already have one load of laundry washed and waiting to be placed in the dryer.

The sun is shining. My kids are healthy and happy. My husband's new work schedule allows him to be home to share this with us. And I am feeling completely and utterly blessed.

One month into this new routine? I'd say I'm digging it.

5 comments:

Parker said...

This is probably the most time you an the General have spent together since you have been married, huh? Or, maybe even since high school?!?

Tru Stories said...

Happy for you both!
Just in time for me to officially lose my husband to basketball season....

you can call me al said...

So happy for all of you! Enjoy!

tlk said...

Give it some time, you'll tire of him ;)

Anonymous said...

Well said Carbon Hills.....we need to remember to be thankful for the 'little' things in life we have. OL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails