Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Beach Wednesday

We have a group of friends who, every summer, partake in what they call "Beach Wednesdays". Loaded down with shovels, pails, chairs, towels, blankets, and coolers, they descend upon South Wilmington's club as a sometimes intimidating force to be reckon with. Although the founding group of Beach Wednesday are out of state on a family vacation, another friend extended an invitation to the girls and me to participate in our first Beach Wednesday of 2011. Thanks to an afternoon filled with almost four hours of swimming, minnow catching, games of keep away, building sandcastles, playing at the park, and a picnic lunch under the shade of a tree the girls had the time of their lives.





Today's Beach Wednesday didn't end as we pulled out of the parking lot. While the girls were playing at the beach my friend extended an invitation to have both girls over for a sleepover. My ears are still ringing courtesy of the screams that came from the backseat of my car when I made the announcement. I was initially a little lost as to how I would fill my evening hours upon suddenly being childless, but I can report that I adjusted to the change in routine just fine.

Beach Wednesdays may be my new favorite summer event.

1 comment:

Tru Stories said...

Oh, yea... Beach Wednesday are back. Gosh knows, I love packing kids up for a day of dirty lake water and sand in diapers. Totally excited.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails