Sunday, May 8, 2011

They Give Me Life


These two beautiful human beings give me reason to celebrate every single day. They make me smile, make me laugh, make me sing, make me get out of bed even when I don't want to. They are quite literally my heart and my soul.

One is shows emotion in a way so similar to me that is sometimes almost painful to watch. I know her thoughts before she even verbalizes them; she wears her heart on her sleeve at all times. I close my eyes and can vision what she will be like in ten years. I predict there will be moments of intense drama between her and I as we navigate our way through a precarious time in the relationship between a mother and her daughter. I know though that in even the most heated debates she will always come back to confide in me, to seek my advice, to unleash her bottled up feelings of stress, hurt, sadness, and frustration. Because we share a soul, her and I. We are tied together for all eternity in that way.

The other is so opposite from me in the way she lives in each and every moment, and she gives me so much perspective on what it means to just enjoy life for what it's giving you right here, right now. Her exuberance is contagious and she has an incredible knack of being able to bring me to tears of laughter even when I'm in the worst mood. Watching her in even the simplest moments, I can physically feel my heart swell with love for her. I know that there might come a time when her words or actions might make it feel like my heart has been broken into a million pieces, but I also know with certainty that it will be her own words and actions which will put all the pieces back together again.

They are two of the greatest loves of my life, the other being the man who gave me the honor of being their mommy and who is helping me raise them to be loving and honorable human beings. On this Mother's Day, I want to thank the three of them for giving me the greatest gift I could ever ask for. Motherhood is no easy journey, but there is no other journey that I will ever enjoy more than this one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...my heart swells with pride as I watch you be a Mommy. Love to ALL of you! Mom/Gramma Poke

The Page Turner said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorite Blog Families. You are a beautiful family.

Tru Stories said...

I can not get over, how gross you love The General... that you actually thanked HIM on Mother's Day. Puke.

Munchkin said...

MAN is TS throwin' around the love today

Munchkin said...

also, I notice your comment on this blog is time stamped one minute before the comment on mine... i see how it is

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails