Saturday, April 30, 2011

And She Lived To Tell About It

43. Enter and finish a half-marathon.

Unofficially, I crossed the finish line at 2 hours, 30 minutes, and 47 seconds. I had the ultimate goals of a) not dying and b) running the entire route, and I'm proud to say I accomplished both. I had a private goal of finishing around the 2:30 mark, so I'll take that as well. I'll go into more details later, but as crazy as running 13.1 miles sounds (and believe me, I was seriously questioning myself in this endeavor especially halfway through the park that never ended) it really was a great race. If you're thinking of embarking on this challenge, I highly recommend you consider the Illinois Marathon. Pretty route, great crowds, and smoothly run operations (for the runners at least, The General would like to add).

A very special congratulations to Clark, Doc, ABT, Swanny, Rikki, Matt and all the others who faced the winds and chilly start temps - it was awesome knowing you were out there living the dream as well!

6 comments:

Doc said...

Your official chip time 2:26:07!! Rock star!!! The park was not my favorite part either! Congrats on your accomplishment!! Thanks for the shout out!!

Tina said...

Yay Mrs! I am so proud of you - thought of you all day today!

Tru Stories said...

I really still do not get it...
but I am very proud of all of you!
Congrats.

The Page Turner said...

Congratulations to you crazy runners! Job well done. Mrs. it has been great to follow this journey to accomplishing one of your life goals. Very proud of you.

The Mrs. said...

Who's the rock star? How about Doc with a STELLAR time of 2:17:45?!?!? Amazing job, Doc! You're ready for the full next year, I just know it.

Doc said...

Like you Mrs. There is no way in hell I will be running a full marathon!! Thanks for all your encouragement to run this race, because if you didn't "put it out there" I know we wouldn't have signed up! And we ended with killer times!! Clark finished with his own stellar time of 2:11:29!! What a race! Thanks Mrs,I couldn't have done it without you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails