Wednesday, March 30, 2011

We Are Proof That One Day Without TV Really Won't Kill Us

I am happy to report that our self-imposed ban on television, video games, computer, and other hand held data sources was successful. Not ONCE in the entire day did the girls ask, beg, whine, or plead for mercy. They played so well together that I began to question if I was dreaming. The mood in the house throughout the day was one of relaxation. We played games, frolicked outside, danced, sang, and laughed. Reading that sentence again it almost sounds like we were a scene out of the Sound of Music. It was awesome.

They were already plotting which movie they were going to watch first thing this morning during dinner last night, and I'll admit that I considered a quick peek at Facebook while they were happily occupied in their rooms around mid-afternoon. I finally caved to the silence at 9 pm and logged a total of 45 minutes online and an hour of TV watching before The General returned home from work. I was properly chastised for both.

5 comments:

christine said...

did the general partake in this? no angry birds for one day?! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Gramma Poke

Easy Rider said...

Not being on facebook is hard, not gonna lie. It's killing me I feel like I'm missing so much! Congrats on the old school fun day!

Tru Stories said...

I still don't get it.

The Page Turner said...

I get it. Oprah was a rerun. No need to watch TV on a Tuesday. Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails