Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quote Of The Day

Scene: Dinner time. Shortcake and The Mrs. are seated at the table and are joined quickly by The General. Shortcake is sitting at the table with head resting in her hands staring down at her plate, peering up pitifully every 30 seconds or so having announced that she a) does not feel well (which I am only buying into at about 20% validity at this point) and b) will not eat tonight's main course. Punkin is pouting fiercely in the now dark living room after declaring her utter disgust that dinner will not be served in front of the television.

The General, after having a very brief discussion with Punkin and then surveying Shortcake's attitude at the dining room table, declares cheerfully:

"Well, I can see we're having hormone casserole tonight!"


Life with girls. It's such a trip!

7 comments:

The Page Turner said...

That made me laugh so hard! I do not want to look into his future!

Parker said...

I didn't expect the "Quote of the day" to come from the General...but I like it! Nice one, General!!

Tru Stories said...

Are you sure he wasn't just talking about you??? You were very quick to blame the little girls.

Cath said...

haha!! good one

Anonymous said...

General, that is too funny. Glad to see you can have a sense of humor despite it all! Thanks for posting, Mrs!
-abt

Auntie M said...

Poor General....doesn't he realize this is just the beginning......he better start on his own bathroom in the garage right now......

Anonymous said...

Love the quote from the General...I LOL every time I think of it. I'm thinking that maybe Punkin gets her glibness genes from the General. She's always has something "quotable" to make us laugh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails