Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Half Marathon Mini-Breakthrough No. One

Three miles of (slow) running on the treadmill. Woot!

Even bigger than that feat though was digging deep within myself to overcome the very strong urge to skip today's run and instead continue lounging on the couch watching re-runs of Teen Mom or lying in bed reading the seventh Harry Potter book.

Lesson learned today: The first half mile is the hardest part of the workout. Once you push through that it gets easier. Really! Also, it's possible to compose blog posts in your head when running 5 mph.

Mini-pep talk to myself: Good job, me. Now, just tack on ten more miles and you're home free! P.S. This idea was really stupid.

4 comments:

Tru Stories said...

Tonight, I got on the treadmill.
But I could barely hear Modern Family... and I got bored.
So I quit after 3 1/2 minutes.
That's for real.
Training for 4th of July has kicked off hard out the gate.

Big Boca Bob said...

Congrats, Mrs! See you at the finish line! Even if it does require the efforts of a portable oxygen tank, stretcher, and highly trained ambulance crew to get me there! P.S. I got attacked by a dog on my run two days ago. I took it as a sign of God to stop at mile 3. Even He acknowledges that this was a stupid idea.

Anonymous said...

Great job, Mrs! It really is about adding a little mileage at a time. Break down one wall and build another!
-abt

Munchkin said...

hahaha i like big boca bob

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails