Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Expansion Story About How Kids Say The Darndest Things.

Tina had two cute stories about kids and the funny things they say last week, and seeing as how I'm not above stealing someone else's blog topics when I'm fresh out of new material *Munchkin nods her head vigorously as a previous victim of my blog post theft* I'm going to continue that little theme she had going with a couple of tiny gems of my own from the last couple of days.

Episode One: Punkin Embarrasses Her Mother While Walking Into Church

*The Mrs., Shortcake, and Punkin walk into church passing by an older couple who were walking in the opposite direction toward the parking lot*

The Mrs.: Good morning!
Old Lady: Good morning. Can you believe all this snow?
Old Man: (with a handkerchief up to his nose) Snort! Snort! Honk! Snort!
Punkin: (loudly) That guy sounds like he's tooting!

Episode Two: That Shot of Caffeine This Morning Did Little To Disguise My Poor Condition

*Sitting at the table in the speech room, working on categorization with two third graders*

Student One: Mrs. P, you feel okay?
The Mrs.: No, Blake, actually I have a cold and I don't feel very good today. How can you tell? Is it that obvious?
Student One: Well, you just look kind of bad.
Student Two: (with a look of mixed shock and awe) Blake!
The Mrs.: (laughing) Well, Blake, thank you for keeping it real.
Student One: You're welcome!

Switching gears...

If you haven't heard, I was part of one of the greatest choreographed dance numbers to ever hit Livingston County a few Saturdays back, and I'm happy to report that there is now video footage for the masses to view at their leisure. You can jump on over to Tru Stories to see the greatest flash mob dance not (yet) seen on the Oprah show.

3 comments:

The Page Turner said...

Love any segment of Kids Say the Darndest Things. In addition, any shout out to Oprah is awesome.

Anonymous said...

I dont usually bring the Old Man outin public with me. Much less to church......Old Lady

Tina said...

Love it! I have a few more to add after today....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails