Monday, January 3, 2011

You Can't Accuse Us Of Being Afraid Of Color

The home improvement machine is in motion again here at One Carbon Hill headquarters. The living room was the first room we redid after buying our home seven and a half years ago, and it is due for a facelift. Many people have declared their love of our green walls, but I am SO over them. Just ask The General. I have announced my disinterest in them at least weekly since two summers ago. We're in the early stages, but already dry wall mud has been applied for repairing holes and other unsightly dents, a fine layer of dust covers every single surface of the room, baseboards have been torn out, and curtains have been removed. Paint color has been agreed upon (finish is still in negotiations), design ideas for wall decorations have been discussed, and there's even the hope that at the end of this we might finally have carpeting that we're not disgusted by.

It's all very exciting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the final color!
Gramma Poke

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that is the wall color, the dark orange?! Love it!!

Katie said...

Oooooo, soooo excited to see the finished color! In the past two years, I've painted a bathroom completely plum purple and a wall in my living room brick red. Getting ready to paint my laundry room a butterscotch orange next week! I LOVE color.

Good luck painting.... can't wait to see!

you can call me al said...

Very exciting--can't wait to see the finished room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails