Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Some Things Never Change And For That I Am Grateful

Sensitive. Analytical. Compassionate. Affectionate. Caring. Daddy's girl. Mommy's helper. Little sister's hero.


She is in many ways far removed from the little baby I once cradled in my arms, but there is so much of Shortcake's personality that has remained constant through her six years. As I was listening to her read for homework tonight I once again marveled at the little girl she has become and said a prayer of thanks for getting the chance to be her mommy. It's sometimes hard to accept that she is growing up as fast as she is, but when I look at this picture of her I can still picture her as a chubby cheeked infant. There are times when I miss those days, but I am so insanely proud of this little girl and am excited to see what her future holds. Sky's the limit, sweet girl.

3 comments:

The Page Turner said...

She is going to be something! Beautiful, smart, and kind. Maybe like her Mom?

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of "my" Shortcake too! XOXO to her and to her mommy!
Gramma Poke

Anonymous said...

It's the first child for sure.... they are nearly perfect! Mine is out on the West Coast and still is every bit perfect in his mothers eyes and he is almost 30....heehee. Shortcake looks so sweet! Wish we lived closer to see you all more as they are growing up. Isn't it so funny how they can be totally raised the same in the same house and be so different. Just ask Erik and Shelby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails