Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Time To Step Away From The Fruit Snacks

In the last ten days or so, Shortcake has been complaining intermittently of a toothache. In the first few days the pain only presented itself at bedtime. I took her report as a stalling tactic, used her front teeth growing in as a plausible excuse for the discomfort, and sent her back to bed.

Since last Thursday though her reports have become a little more frequent. The pain apparently hit its peak yesterday, culminating in a trip to the school nurse, a call to me at work, and a delivery of Children's Motrin (generic, Munchkin! No more administration of moldy OTC medications for my children!) just after lunch by The General.

Luckily there was a cancellation and I was able to get her in to see the dentist this afternoon. Verdict: one whopper of a cavity. My American Girl (as everyone in the office referred to her the entire time she was there) handled each procedure so incredibly well I couldn't help but stare in amazement. Not one tear, whimper, or look of fear. Almost 45 minutes after the appointment began she had a filled cavity, clean teeth, a toy from the treasure chest, a new bag filled with tooth care paraphernalia, and the sweetest lopsided grin I've ever seen in my life.



(P.S. I know it's wrong but watching her try to get used to a "sleepy tooth" was downright hilarious. Granted, it was no David After The Dentist moment, but it still made me giggle.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Shortcake...you are a trooper! Love and Kisses, Gramma Poke.

Tru Stories said...

Man... she really is pretty.

you can call me al said...

Hope you are doing well, Shortcake!

The MC said...

Poor thing! Hope she's feeling better today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails