Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Punkin Original

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, I spent the majority of the day decking our halls and spreading Christmas spirit throughout our home. Late in the afternoon, from my location in the kitchen I heard the sounds of Punkin singing a song that I couldn't immediately identify. I walked into the living room to find her entertaining The General and Shortcake with an original piece of musical greatness. I had no idea I had a future songwriter on my hands. A decorated house literally made her sing for joy.



Untitled by Punkin (2010)

In the water
And then when I lived
I want to tell them all about it (all about it)
But my dad and sister
Didn't like the picture
When I took a picture of 'em
Because Christmas can get ice in the water
And it will get very slippery
And when it happens
People get the ice skates on
And then you skate on the lake
When it's ice, ice, ice
And then when it's ice
People get snow pillows out before
And then they throw another one
And then they throw another one!

The initial dramatic hurling of the pillow toward our living room window/toy basket was totally unexpected as you can probably tell from our reactions. Like The General said, though, Punkin definitely knows how to play to a crowd as evidenced by pillow throws two and three. Sadly, I must report that this song was not nearly as entertaining lyrically as her previous song which was not captured on camera. Maybe we'll catch it later and publish it as a bonus track on her greatest hits album years from now.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That girl is destined for a career in the spotlight.

Katie said...

Awesome. For a second, I thought she was going to break into "Ice Ice Baby."

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails