Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tonight's Life Lesson Brought To You By Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser

Tonight I learned that Punkin does not like it when I yell at her, especially when utilizing that scary growl type yell characterized by a low tone, clenched jaw, and crazy eyes.

On the flip side, Punkin learned that I do not appreciate finding scribble marks on the wall in a four year old's bedroom.

Additional sources of pain and despair for Punkin leading toward great heaving sobs, copious amounts of snot drippage, and nearly indecipherable declarations in the aftermath of Pencil Gate:

"My cwown bwoke!" and "Shortcake's woom is pwettiuh than mine."

A long talk about appreciating those items which belong to us or others by treating them in an appropriate manner (which may or may not have included the phrase "this is why we can't have nice things" thrown in for good measure), some relaxation breathing, and plenty of snuggling and gentle rocking later peace was restored. I only had to stifle giggles at the dramatic display once so I like to think I'm getting more immune to her tactics.

2 comments:

The Page Turner said...

I had a child artist. She got in trouble more than once for drawing in inappropriate places. Is there a mother alive that has not said, "This is why we can't have nice things?" That is awesome. This made me smile.

Anonymous said...

I remember punkin's mommy writng on the wall with permanet markers!
The Mrs. thought her arm was going to break! Gramma Poke

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails