Sunday, November 21, 2010

Star Light, Star Bright

Sweetest Star I've seen tonight...


The family gathered together today to celebrate Star's baptism, and I would like to state officially that she is quite possibly the sweetest thing born in the year 2010. I feel comfortable stating that because off the top of my head I can't think of any other children I am directly related to by blood or marriage born in this calendar year, but even if there is Star would still definitely be in the running as The Most Precious Baby of 2010.


She is so irresistible that I was not even a little bit ashamed when I snuck into the house while everyone else was eating so that I could get some alone time with her, nor do I feel guilty for basically ripping her out of Munchkin's arms as she walked into the room where I happened to be sitting. Okay, maybe I felt a little bit guilty about that last one, but that intoxicating baby smell and sweet little baby sighs soon cured any feelings of regret. Munchkin, I promise to maintain some degree of restraint and keep my distance from our little Star on Thanksgiving. However, should that little sweetheart be left unattended and I hear even the slightest of whimpers, I will not be afraid to push people out of the way to get to her.

Of course, the exception to that would be GG. I'd never even think to take Star away from her GG.


I'm not the only one the house to be more than smitten with the newest member of our family. The General declined holding his newest niece tonight not because he doesn't love her but because he was certain that, since she was sound asleep and snuggled up so comfortably, he would instantly be asleep as well. Babies have a way of doing that to him. Our own daughters weren't about to pass up an opportunity for loving on Star. Big cousins Shortcake and Punkin couldn't leave without a tiny little snuggle time of their own.


Oh, sweet Star, how quickly you have stolen our hearts.

7 comments:

The MC said...

Great pictures!! She is so sweet! Just for the record, I didn't get to hold her at all today!!

The Page Turner said...

She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It's so great to "meet" Star. Welcome back M. Thanks to you and your family for the sacrifice you make for our country! Enjoy your time home. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Carbon Hill blog readers. Gramma Poke

The Bride said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bride said...

Missed everyone yesterday!! I'll officially put myself as 2nd in line, behind The MC, to hold Star on Thursday!

AuntieM said...

she is just beautiful!! congrats to all!!

Tru Stories said...

I feel a little bit, like I need a baby to hold.
Who's gonna have one for me?!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails