Monday, August 9, 2010

Scenes From Lake Bloomington

Saturday afternoon the girls and I were treated to a day on the lake by my mom, dad, and brother. After years of wishing, hoping, and pining for a water vessel to call his own, my parents went in halvsies on a boat with my brother and his wife. The fact that we at One Carbon Hill get to benefit from this joint venture free of charge makes my water loving soul very happy.

What doesn't make my water loving soul happy (at least initially) is seeing my baby trailing far behind the boat in an inner tube. At first glance this sight made me feel a little sick to my stomach thinking about how helpless she looked so far away from my grasp. Luckily she showed great protest at moving any faster than the speed immediately above "idle". Believe it or not, the boat was actually moving in this picture and she was as pleased as could be.

Shortcake, on the other hand, prefers a little bit of speed. Not much, mind you, but at least we were able to create a wake while pulling my brave six year old. While she does show a slight need for speed, she is most definitely NOT a fan of tandem tubing with her mother as we quickly learned.


The other moment of the day which made me clutch my stomach in fear was placing both of my children in the same boat with their uncle, a boat he rebuilt himself.

He was quick to inform me that I scream more when riding with him than either Shortcake or Punkin. Apparently they don't value their safety and well being like I do, preferring instead to savor those moments which cause their lives to flash before their eyes. To each their own, I suppose.


After some jaunts around the lake, we traveled back toward the Anderson's dock for some swimming and floating. Were you aware of Punkin's superpower? It appears as though she can fly.


She is very excited to discover this newfound ability. I was equally excited to enjoy a day in the water without her projectile vomiting.


Shortcake's superpower, if Saturday is any indication, may be something along the lines of "always being prepared in case of a tidal wave or tsumani".


It's a good thing, too, because there were certainly several close calls on the lake that day thanks to an unusual weather system named Cannonball Poke.


Sometimes it pays off to be cautious doesn't it, Shortcake?

3 comments:

The MC said...

Wow -- that looks like so much fun!! Glad you had a great day and no puking!!

Big Boca Bob said...

I'm glad to hear everyone survived the aftermath of a Poke Cannonball. I have lived to tell the tale myself, and I wouldn't suggest the experience for any individual frightened by tidal waves or large hairy men. Looks like you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day was had by all! Love the boat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails