Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day, First Grade

Shortcake, in the days leading up to her first day of school, showed some unexpected apprehension about starting a new school year. "I'm kind of scared," she told me one day. To her Papa she explained, "I'm just having too much fun this summer!". I sympathized with her on that last point, I really did. But at the risk of having social services at my door for neglecting my child's educational well-being, off to school we went.


She was up with the sound of her alarm at 6:50 am with a smile as big as her face would allow, and by 7:25 am she had her backpack in place and was begging to leave. Watching her literally leap from the backseat of my car and then sprint into school told me that any fears or reluctance to start her first grade year had vanished.

Here's to another great school year, Shortcake! We look forward to watching you learn and grow even more this year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have the BEST YEAR EVER! I know you have fun....
Love You Shortcake, Gramma Poke

Anonymous said...

YOu look beautiful Shortcake. Enjoy your school year.

leigh said...

I found you over at Nie's show and tell. I thought that you might enjoy a project that I have going on over at my Blog. Every Tuesday I host The Happiness Project. You simply post a photo of something that makes you happy and then link up.

I'm trying to take over the Blogosphere with happiness. Here is a link to this week's post if you want to see what it's all about.

http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com/2010/08/happiness-project-week-25.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails