Thursday, August 12, 2010

An Afternoon With Friends

Counted among the many blessings I have in my life are my two friends, Alison and Jenny. Friends since childhood, the three of us have been there for each other through almost every single life experience you can imagine. We don't see nearly enough of each other, a fact made even more painful when I stop to consider no more than 45 minutes separates us, but life gets busy and meet-ups often fall to the back burner. Today, though, we finally synchronized our social calendars for a long overdue afternoon together in the form of a pool play date.


AuntieM and Big Poke graciously offered up their pool to our ever growing brood (in size, not so much in number at the current moment) for the afternoon, and given the unbearably hot weather we were extra grateful for the kind gesture. The day was made even sweeter with a brief visit by Tina & Winnie, and I was so excited to also be joined by Coral and her adorable curly haired daughter, Miss B.



There was plenty of swimming, splashing, laughing, snacking, screaming, jumping,and floating for everyone with a Dairy Queen chaser for an added bonus.





All afternoon long, I couldn't help but think how amazing it is to continue to have the friendships I do years after they were first established. I know it is rare to be able to say, "We've been friends since kindergarten," but in our case it rings true. Separated by miles and time, we always manage to pick up right where we left off.

I have never been a part of a sorority other than this one called "motherhood," and as I survey those sisters walking this walk with me, I know I couldn't be surrounded by a better group of women.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post....I would have LOVED to be a little mouse and listen to you Mom's! I know you cherish your friendship,true friends are a gft from God.

Oh, cute kids! Gramma Poke

AuntieM said...

what a good looking group! glad you had a great time..we got a bonus too, by keeping baby Blake (altho Sarah hogged him)

Barb said...

So awesome! The only thing wrong with this blog post is that it failed to include a picture of you three :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails