Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!

For seven years, The General has been toiling, laboring, sweating, and often times cursing as he has worked tirelessly to bring our yard to the fine state that it is in today. He has spent countless weekend hours on our lawn, the same lawn whose size was one of the top selling points when we decided this house would become our very first home. People are continually amazed that he has used a push mower on this lawn - taking upwards of two hours a shot - for this many years, and I have held firm in my stance that push mowing this lawn (so long as he's the one doing it) is absolutely fine. It's been a hot topic of discussion for years and has really gained momentum in recent months; today I am happy to announce that the time has finally arrived.


The Rider Has Landed.


And she is a beaut.

(Happy Father's Day/Anniversary/Christmas/Birthday for the next ten years, General!)

The process of having The Cub delivered today was one of great frustration and a test of patience to be sure. I was riding high on righteous indignation at a combination of poor customer service and a failure to uphold promises by the time the delivery truck finally pulled into our driveway, but even I could not help but let the anger fall away as the mower was ceremoniously unveiled from it's position in the back of the truck. I align the experience very loosely to that of childbirth: the actual process is incredibly painful, but once setting eyes on your precious baby for the first time all the discomfort disappears instantly in a moment of pure bliss. If I was that impressed with a riding lawn mower, how do you suppose The General's initial reaction will be upon seeing it sitting in his garage for the first time?

I expect his joy will be about as apparent as that of these two who fell in love instantly.


It is, indeed, a happy day here at One Carbon Hill.

6 comments:

you can call me al said...

Congratulations, General!

The Page Turner said...

Very nice, enough to make most men drool in envy.

Anonymous said...

I know you will love it! Who gets to ride with Daddy first, Shortcake or Punkin? They sure look happy. Congratulations General, Gramma Poke

tlk said...

Is there a snow plow attachment? A cart for hauling leaves, branches and kids? A thatcher? I think you may have opened pandora's box here.

The Mrs. said...

It takes a stinkin' riding lawn mower post for the prodigal son (aka TLK) to finally comment? I see how it is.

And for what it's worth, I noticed a Cub Cadet accessories web page loaded before the mower was even purchased if that tells you anything.

tlk said...

I must apologize, Mrs. We all know I am the biggest hater of those that read but don't comment. I have a bad habit of reading you on my phone instead of my computer. It's pretty tricky to leave comments on my phone. I promise I will try harder in the future.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails