Thursday, May 20, 2010

Saint Relish

Fourteen years ago this month I experienced a couple of major life changes. Graduating from high school was right up there on the list, but even more life changing was the birth of a little girl who would make me an aunt for the very first time.

This little baby, brought into this world two weeks before any of us were expecting her, brought instant joy to an already very happy family. People easily fell in love with her thanks to her adorableness, and she mesmerized many with her bright blue eyes. Our world revolved around the actions and words of this little girl from day one, and she held our undivided attention for a solid four years before graciously stepping aside to share the spotlight with her newborn brother and cousin. She has never ceased to amaze me with her knowledge; being around her left me feeling quite certain I was in the presence of a baby genius. I mean, how many toddlers do you know that will state her preference for one set of candlesticks over another by declaring one more "distinguished"?

Like all babies do, she grew up and now it's time for her to celebrate a graduation of her own. Tonight our niece graduates from eighth grade, and I'm left wondering where the time has gone.

Just as she was as an infant, this young lady is loved by many. She is an amazing girl with qualities that I hope my own girls will possess at her age. Always mature for her age, she is also gracious, kind, generous, loving, tender and patient with her younger siblings and cousins, intelligent, humble, and courteous. She has an infectious laugh and a smile that lights up her whole face. I am so proud of her and the amazing individual that she has become, and I am so excited to see her continue to find herself and her place in this world as she enters high school.


Congratulations on your graduation, Rachel. We love you and are so proud of all you have accomplished already. You are an amazing young lady, and I have no doubts you will make the most of the next four years of your life. Enjoy every minute of it, kid!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
Doc

Tina said...

Congratulations, Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rachel...I also remember the day you were born! I remember seeing you for the very first time in that little apartment by the DQ. I too wonder where the time goes. Best of luck as you enter this next phase of your life. God's Blessings to you always! Gramma Poke

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails