Sunday, April 11, 2010

Who Doesn't Love Taylor Swift?

The beautiful weather today prompted Shortcake and Punkin to request both lunch and dinner on the back porch. Seeing as how I finally did my post-winter porch denastifying this afternoon, I gladly obliged. It was just too nice out not to soak up as much of the warm air and sunshine as possible.

Following our first fresh-off-the-grill meal of the year, Punkin spontaneously erupted in some after dinner entertainment. Luckily the camera was close at hand and she was undeterred by its presence. Prepare yourself for "You Belong With Me" as performed by an almost four year old with a nonexistent /r/.



Not to be outdone, of course, Shortcake followed suit with a slightly more accurate version (both lyrically and articulately). Upon filming she asked if I was going to put it on the computer for Gizmo's grama to watch. You're so very welcome, Jersey Girl & Auntie M!).



Both The General and I would like to send our most heartfelt gratitude to Mrs. Kodat, Shortcake's kindergarten music teacher, who has somehow lead Shortcake from a hypernasal singing style to one that is at least now bearable to listen to. My favorite part of Shortcake's singing these days? She's totally starting to put her own fancy spin on the songs with either her voice or her facial expressions. Cracks me right up.

Oh, what a day. I hate to see it end!

9 comments:

The MC said...

That's some impressive singing!!! Good job, girls!

Tina said...

I see a "One Little Candle" duet in their future very soon.....

Munchkin said...

when I get home I'm going to teach Punkin additional lines to Livin' On A Prayer

Barb said...

I love Punkin's moves :) And I also love that you are teaching her some of the old skool classics too!

The Mrs. said...

Not to worry, Munchkin. She does much better when she has the music to help her out although she lets Shortcake or me take lead vocals and she just jumps in on the chorus. Loudly, as you can imagine.

Barb, I'm sure I've done several things wrong in my journey as a mother, but one thing I have vowed to do right: my girls will love and appreciate Bon Jovi. :)

The Mrs. said...

And Tina, maybe on our future mother-daughter road trip through Cali we can hit a few dueling piano bars with the girls. They seem to be showing themselves to be worthy, don't you think?

AuntieM said...

They sound great! singing seems to bring Shortcake out of her shyness a bit, she'got some moves!! i always appreciate video's !! and Munchkins comments ALWAYS crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can call me al said...

These videos left the audience at 7th Heaven (specifically Lil Miss and Reuben) asking "show us the next one" and "more song"!

Way to go, girls!

Anonymous said...

I see Punkin has those Bolen hips!! Look out :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails