Monday, April 5, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Yes, I realize my promise to liven things up around here has been nothing more than a severe letdown. One would think that me being on spring break for over a week would perhaps increase the blog posting significantly. Quite the contrary, as you have seen. After my weekend getaway to Minnesota, I've been spending the rest of my break catching up on laundry, house cleaning, and other various tedious tasks that come along with motherhood.

You know, like coloring Easter eggs.


Or taking nature walks.


An afternoon consisting of a McDonald's lunch date, playing at the park, checking out the educational visitor's center, and more nature walks also interfere with blog time.


As does our very first family double date to Chili's and a viewing of "How To Train Your Dragon" (sorry, no pictures obtained to document this event).

Then there was that whole "family Easter celebration" thing followed by the requisite food coma upon return home. I mean, come on, it's just irresponsible to try to blog when you're suffering from a ham-and-Reeses pieces-egg induced haze.

Fun note about that last picture: a couple of hours after this picture was taken, Punkin would need to be retrieved from the lowest branch of that tree because her older second (third?) cousin told her to climb the tree. Punkin, never one to question authority (ha!), of course did as told despite the fact that a)it was raining and b) she had never climbed a tree before. The rest of the older kids stood under their dry, warm, safe perch on the porch watching it all unfold while the adults were all cozily nestled into their positions in the warm, dry, safe living room laughing at The General's retelling of his first four days of P90X.

And no break is complete without a trip to our local library (which, for our girls, is a draw not so much for the books - which they do love - but more for the fun house) followed by an afternoon of soaking up the spring-like weather outside.


Tomorrow it's back to the real world when school goes back in session as we embark on the long push toward summer. I can not even begin to describe how much I enjoy breaks like this where I get to stay home; it may not always appear this way, but I love nothing more than spending full days at home with my girls. This year seems harder than ever to go back maybe because I spent almost half of the break away from them. Or maybe it has more to do with the fact that this is one of the first spring breaks where we've had near perfect weather. Either way, I'd be okay if tomorrow morning just takes its sweet time getting here.

1 comment:

The Page Turner said...

You packed some punch into a week off. You must be exhausted from your break!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails