Friday, March 5, 2010

Signs

They are everywhere.
  • The number of ladybugs I’ve vacuumed up daily as they crawl on and around our sliding glass door has to be nearing triple digits.
  • Plans for a spring break getaway are underway.
  • It was warm enough to wash the outside of the dining and living room windows this afternoon.
  • I noticed the trees are starting to show early signs of coming back to life.
  • Almost all the snow has melted with the exception of large piles in parking lots and snow lying in areas on lawns that don’t receive much direct sunlight.
  • Next week we move our clocks ahead one hour trading off an hour of sleep for an extra hour of daylight.
  • More and more I’m compelled to drive with my windows down.
  • I noticed several kids left their coats in their lockers as they ran out for recess today.
  • The lines at the local car wash have been at least four cars deep at any given time of the day for the last three weeks.
  • We’ve had more days with sunny skies than overcast this week.
  • Wildlife has started to emerge. Unfortunately for us, that means another raccoon has found a home under our back porch.
  • The girls have asked three days this week to play outside when we arrived home in the afternoon.
  • As I browsed online for clothes earlier this week, I realized inventory has switched from jeans, sweaters, boots, and coats to short sleeved shirts, capris, skirts, shorts, lightweight jackets, swimsuits, and sandals.
  • And my favorite sign to date: This morning Punkin woke me up with a kiss. I opened up the blankets for her and she crawled into our bed for an early morning snuggle. Just as we were getting super comfortable, Punkin whispered, “Mommy, guess what! I hood a stwange noise in my woom!”. I asked her if she could tell what the noise was and she responded by saying, “Yeah. I fink it was outside. It sounded like a baby buhd tweeting for it’s mama!”. Waking up to an early morning serenade of birds chirping is a very welcome sign especially when it’s been so long since we last heard them that my child considers it a “stwange noise”.
Don’t be a tease, Spring. We’re soaking up your early signs that you’re ready to explode, and our winter weary bodies are poised to welcome you with open arms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful signs! Why is it always a surprise to us when Spring comes back every year?

Tina said...

Heck yeah spring break plans! Woo hoo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails