Monday, March 22, 2010

How The Mrs. Got Her Groove Back

I'm coming over here to a slightly dusty and neglected One Carbon Hill, staring at a mostly blank "new post" screen. I'll admit the blogging has been uncharacteristically light lately. You can chalk it up to a general lack of blog worthy moments at Casa de One Carbon Hill as well as the effects of the warmer weather (minus last weekend's snowfall, can I get a group WTF?). It's left us playing outside later in the day which results in dinner being pushed back which then leads to later bedtimes which inevitability equals brain drain for The Mrs. and overall lack of blogging at the end of the day. It bothers me to see the days tick by without a blog post, but it was The Page Turner's comment on Munchkinland today that made me realize it's time to get back with the program. I mean, reading "Mrs. has been a huge let down lately" is like a shot to the gut. So thank you, Page Turner, for the virtual kick in the pants.

So, here's my attempt to get back in the game. And how do I get my groove back? With bullet points.
  • In five days I will be in Minnesota for a spring break visit with Tina, Mitch, and the so-adorable-I'm-going-to-have-to-refrain-from-squeezing-the-life-out-of-her Gizmo. The fact that I've been mostly packed since Friday night should be an indication of how excited I am for this trip to the homeland of Fifty Below Zero.
  • As is tradition during March Madness season, The General's family is currently involved in the annual round-by-round bracket challenge. A twist to this year's event: Shortcake and Punkin are participating. Although they have managed to pick some upsets along the way, they are not faring very well. The highlight for me has been watching them attempt to pronounce the school names as well as Punkin giggling every time I say "Butler". As I shared with the family via email, anything related to poop, butts, farts, and burps is high quality humor in this house as far of Punkin is concerned.
  • While typing this I'm also watching the season premiere of Dancing With The Stars. What I've learned so far: my dislike for Russian athletes is not isolated to the Olympics. Also learned: I did not make the connection between Buzz Aldrin and Buzz Lightyear until I saw a picture of the OG Buzz holding a Buzz Lighyear doll. I'm not sure if I should brush this off as unnecessary knowledge or be highly embarrassed based on the number of times I've watched the Toy Story movies.
  • A group of us gathered at the home of Drmmr7 and The Bride this weekend to assemble wedding invitations. I'm am both equally excited and amazed that their big day will be here in just a little over four months.
  • I have started reading the Harry Potter series as listed on my life list, and as warned by Jen I immediately felt the need to start the second book upon completion of the first.
  • Speaking of that pesky life list, that running program I discussed awhile back? Week one was gangbusters. Week two? Well, it was just plain busted. Here's to getting back on track during week three so that I make it through the Fourth of July five miler on foot and not on a stretcher.
  • If you're looking for something funny to read, you should go check out Tina's post about her one year stint as a sprinter for DTHS. It's one of my favorite memories from high school and that's saying a lot because believe me, there are several to choose from.
So there you have it. A very boring list of things that have been going on in my life since my last post. I think you understand now why posting has been light lately.

2 comments:

The Page Turner said...

Welcome back, Mrs. We don't care what you write about. We just love to read about you and the family. Along with Munchkin, you have a huge following at my office. The perfect day, new blogs posted by Munchkin, Tru Stories, and you. Brightens our days!

Munchkin said...

weak

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails