Monday, February 8, 2010

Upswing

We've had no puking incidences since around 1:30 pm yesterday afternoon and all signs of fever disappeared overnight. Although I kept her home from school today, it's quite obvious that Shortcake is feeling much better than she did yesterday at this time. She requested some 7-up first thing this morning, has eaten some toast and applesauce, and is smiling, talkative, and giggling at my lame attempts at jokes. One thing is for certain though. Despite feeling much better, she's taking full advantage of her post on the couch. I said to The General this afternoon as we made the mid-afternoon shift change that I think she could very easily become a lady of leisure. Unlike her younger sister who demonstrates great distaste for wearing pajamas more than twenty-four hours straight, Shortcake is more than happy to stay dressed in comfy clothes while camped out in front of the television for an indefinite amount of time.


(And yes, I realize I'm jinxing myself with this post. I won't be the least bit surprised if moments after hitting "publish" we enter round two, but for now I'll just keep my fingers crossed that this stomach bug was very short lived and tightly contained.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you're feeling better! My hugs and kisses via e mail must have helped! Gramma Poke

you can call me al said...

Way to bounce back, Shortcake!

The MC said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of the rest of you get sick!!

Tina said...

Glad that you're feeling better, Shortcake! I sure miss all of you guys! When are you coming to visit?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails