Monday, January 18, 2010

Unsolicited Movie Review: The Proposal

Year Released: 2009
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Cast: Sandra Bullock, Ryan Reynolds,Mary Steenburgen, Craig T. Nelson, Betty White

The Mrs.' Commentary: A cute movie, albeit a typical romantic comedy. I had the plot of the entire movie figured out within the first five minutes. Although I enjoyed the film more than once I thought to myself, "This is exactly why The General refuses to watch these kinds of movies" but thanks to a 9 pm basketball game he was spared from sitting through it last night. Unfortunately for him, I also spent a significant portion of the one hour and forty-eight minute run time reaffirming Ryan Reynold's place on my Top Five list. Meee-ow. I also loved Betty White (in her role as Gammie) but in a very different, totally non-meow way. It's impossible not to love a former Golden Girl, don't you think?

Edited to add this important other piece of commentary: If I looked as good in a pencil skirt and stiletto heels as Sandra Bullock does in this movie, I would wear both every single day. For the time being, though, it's fat pants and slippers for this envious couch potato.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails