Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm Gonna Throw This Idea Out There Even Though I Think I Already Know The Answer

Here's the deal: The General's younger sister, known to loyal OCH readers as Munchkin, is *thisclose* to graduating from Drake University as a bona fide pharmacist. Currently she's fulfilling the last of her academic requirements by participating in five week rotations at various facilities in both Illinois and Iowa. For her current rotation she's stationed in Peoria, and seeing as how it cuts her daily commute significantly, she's taken up weekday residence in the basement of MC Headquarters. Now, before you go and paint a dismal picture of her accommodations in your head, I assure you that she's in good hands complete with her own furnished bedroom, a private bath with multi-ply toilet paper, and is one floor away from any unexpected walk-throughs of unclothed nephews.

Wednesday night, Munchkin posted this as the label on that evening's blog post: ")

9 comments:

A said...

Don’t worry, I only periodically call her and tell her how we’re having a cold snap of 60 where I have to trade in the plaid shorts for a pair of jeans. ;)

Prada said...

Does this invite also include me?

flag girl said...

Can cousins get in on the awkward conversations? That sounds like a great night out for me!!!

Tru Stories said...

I would like the add a side note to her Ditching Everyone Who Loves her Contract....she must promise, and I mean SWEAR to return home for one week, every February, for EVERY single dance. And I'll expect that to be signed in blood.

Winnie said...

Florida or Illinois....let's see is anyone up there wearing shorts and having a cookout tonight? Oh...just me I guess :) My advice is clear, but admittedly, when you're an aunt....it becomes one of the hardest things you'll do to be away.

AuntieM said...

you can't blame her for wanting to leave.....this town...there really isn't a whole lot for the single, young, hip & happinin folks to do here.......try to look on the bright side......you will always have a place to go and visit where it is warm and sunny....a great "girls weekend" getaway place, and great place to send the neices and nephews for the summer!!!........just some food for thought......

The MC said...

I'm not sure about Munchkin, but the rest of us have been having a great time!!! We're really going to miss her when she moves out of our basement :) -- I don't know how we'll handle her moving to another state!!! BTW, Mrs., MC and OCH had the same awkward conversation the other night (if that makes you feel any better). On the bright side, I could go for a GNO (or girls' weekend out) in a warm sunny spot!!

The Mrs. said...

Valid points, A & Winnie. But might I counterpoint with this: I haven't had to shave my legs for two weeks thanks to constantly wearing long pants. (Sorry 'bout that, General.)

Prada: No. I'm allergic to dog slobber.

Flag Girl, I think a cousin night out would be a grand idea (assuming the cousins-in-law are also invited of course)!

Mrs MC, I can not for the life of me recall the awkward conversation we had Saturday night. You'll have to refresh my memory tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Could Gramma Poke come along? Maybe for supervision and/or filling up the wine glasses as we sit on the beach!

I would ask Aunti M to join me but the two of us together have a hard time sharing the bottle!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails