Saturday, January 9, 2010

As So It Begins

We had a Dish Network technician at our house yesterday afternoon here to make the final upgrades to The General's Superbowl Victory Prize, his 46" Samsung television. In addition to finally taking the strong advice of Coach & The Enforcer of adding DVR to our home - a life changing decision confirmed within mere minutes - we also had HD channels added to our TV watching options. I will be the first to admit that there is a definite picture quality upgrade to watching TV in HD. Within the first 30 minutes of channel flipping, The General turned to me and declared, "I already can't go back". Two little additions to our home and already our lives with never be the same.

Which leads me to the point of today's post. I joked on a post earlier this week that this piece of electronic wonder might soon take my place in his heart. Hee, hee, har, har as if that would ever really happen. However, if last night was any indication, perhaps the joke is on me. When I went to bed a little after midnight, The General was comfortably positioned on the couch watching an episode of Friends. I woke up seven hours later to Shortcake crawling into bed next to me asking, "Is Daddy home from work yet?".

He slept on the couch all night, with his new beloved in his constant line of vision.

I guess Em made a good point on that last post. With our wedding picture placed just above the wench that has already stolen my husband away from me, perhaps he'll glance at it now and then, think of me, and remember fondly the good times we used to share.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss...but, congrats on the new addition!

Before having the DVR, I used to say "I don't need it...I don't need to watch that much TV anyway". However, I now believe that it would be very difficult to go back to regular cable.

Be careful Mrs., soon you will be hooked and the General will be posting on OCH!

KelNosz said...

My husband has the exact same TV. It's been 2 1/2 years and he still goes on and on about the picture. He's definitely fallen in love with another.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than DVRing your favorite show and then watching it, while skipping thru the commercials!! The only bad thing is if your DVR has issues, you can lose everything that you've taped....I know...I lost all of my dancing with the stars shows!!!

kori said...

I know what your feelin...since Dennis got his 52" and HD, he will sleep on the couch and the kids Wii and PS 2 had to move down to the basement TV...no ONE is going to stand in front of HIS TV!! lol :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails