Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Little Ditty About Jack & Sally

Meet Jack...




...and his sister, Sally.



Before everyone gets excited, no. These are not the newest additions to the One Carbon Hill family, at least not directly. Always concerned that his granddaughters don't have any fun when they're at his house, Papa Poke brought home these little furballs last weekend as a surprise to the girls (and my mom too, actually).


Did I mention my dad is allergic to cats? The sacrifices a grandparents are willing to make to see their grandchildren happy is astounding.

These kittens are outside cats (although they're currently taking up residence in the garage) and are quite possibly the cutest things ever. I'm certain Jack's got a little bit of The Crazy in him and Sally is sort of whiny & clingy, but I couldn't drag myself away from them while I was at the house. I even broke all rules and brought them into the living room to cuddle with after tucking the girls into bed and greeted them lovingly on Sunday afternoon before I even looked for my own children.

The initial reaction from the girls upon seeing the kittens was excitement although that diminished quickly for Shortcake after she was scratched by Jack. She warmed up to them by Saturday though and when I got to the house Sunday she was taking care of them like an old pro. Punkin actually showed little fear and was carrying them around without hesitation almost immediately. She still has not been convinced that kittens do not typically abide by commands such as "sit" and "stay" no matter how forcibly you demand it, and she was not happy with Sally after she swatted at Punkin's head and she bent down to give the kitten a good-bye hug.

The girls are expecting weekly photo email updates so they can track the growth of their kittens, Papa Poke, and The General would appreciate it if I reminded you (and Big Papa, just in case he starts getting any crazy ideas) that we are happy to visit pets at your house but in no way, shape, or form feel the need to house any of them on the One Carbon Hill premises.

7 comments:

The MC said...

Now I want a kitty.

Munchkin said...

will you buy me a bears jersey too?

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Love the jerseys! (The kittens are pretty cute, too!)

em said...

Kittens are way cuter than mice.....

AuntieM said...

wait till Gizmo pony shows up.....then the girls can go ride it!!!!

G. P. said...

Aww! I can just imagine how excited they were to see these cute little creatures!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails