Friday, October 16, 2009

I Love His Family

There is a long list of reasons why I love The General. He's an amazing father, supportive, an outstanding listener to all my worries and sorrows, he makes me laugh, et cetera. I'll be honest with you though. One of the greatest perks to being married to The General and one of the many reasons why I love him so? He comes from an amazing family. Not only are his parents outstanding people and his siblings incredible (with all their diverse yet still completely similar personalities), but his extended family is also made of the awesome.

I had the honor and privilege of hanging out with members of one half of The General's family last weekend, and my time with them only served as a reminder that I am so lucky to have married into a family as great as The General's. I feel like I've hit the jackpot when it comes to my in-laws - parents, siblings & their spouses and soon to be spouses, grandparents, cousins, the whole shebang. Could I have picked a better family to marry into? I'm pretty sure I could not.

I mean, not everyone is lucky enough to have family members who enjoy visiting breweries on family vacations...


...Or sisters-in-law who are so health conscious that the challenge of a plank contest is met with enthusiasm...


...Or a den full of adorable nieces and nephews...


...Or their own powerhouse of a family matriarch packed in a 90 pound frame.


But even more amazing is that the extended family is equally incredibly. Case in point: The General's cousins hosted a charity fundraiser in memory of The General's mom & grandpa (again with the awesome - DOES IT EVER STOP?) then followed with a chili dinner at one of the sibling's houses to which we were invited. Their children took in our two and included them lovingly - and perhaps a bit skeptically if they are old enough to read about Punkin's antics broadcasted on this here blog - while showcasing their love for the arts with a fashion show and play.


Meanwhile, in another room, the adults in the group stare in awe at Fighting Hair demonstrations and challenge each other to cinnamon eating contests which only ends in a poor, unsuspecting nephew getting punked by his conniving uncle.


And if THAT isn't enough to convince you that I am one lucky girl, this kind of hilarity is matched by the other side of The General's family as well. Jackpot, I'm telling you.

6 comments:

Tru Stories said...

Ditto!! To all of it!

Tlk said...

You forgot to mention all of his cool friends. Even the ones you only see once or twice a year. But starting with his family was a good, and truthful, move. Did I use too many commas, just now?

you can call me al said...

We love you too, Mrs.!

you can call me al said...

Tlk: yes

Drunk Driver said...

I'm feeling the same way! I really feel blessed to be marrying into such a wonderful, caring, loving family!

Tina said...

What a great post, Mrs! The General's family is fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails