Friday, August 28, 2009

How To Tick Off Punkin In Three Easy Steps

  1. Ask her to put the comb she's carrying around in her mouth away even though she insists she's not finished using it despite the fact that you have not seen her put comb to hair in ten minutes time.
  2. When she responds with a very sassy tone and unkind words warn her that if she continues to talk in that way she will be sent to bed without partaking in Friday Night Movie Night.
  3. Upon watching her stomp with righteous indignation and hearing her shout "Don't tell me dat evah again!" in a nasty voice, make good on your promise and send her (or, in tonight's case, carry her) to her room.
If you find yourself in this particular situation, you should prepare yourself for blood curdling screams and body flailing every which way. Doors and floors may be pounded and she will instantly be soaked with sweat and red in the face. You may also find it difficult not to laugh at her all out tantrum for the pure drama and hysteria involved.

This week's work on using polite words and good listening marches on...

2 comments:

tlk said...

Her words remind me of Benny and her pronunciation reminds me of Sammy. I always turn around to avoid showing my smiling face for a second or two before I have to turn on my psyco dad face. So don't worry, it's not a girl thing.

Tim in Illinois said...

I too have laughed at my kids when they throw a fit like that. I just can't help myself, not really sure why. It's like when you get the giggles in church, you know you aren't supposed to laugh but you can't help it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails