Monday, July 27, 2009

Using The Web For One Of Its Greatest Purposes

Since I started blogging over two years ago, I have learned one thing more than any other: the blogging community is a powerful force. It astounds me every single time I see it happen. There will be a family in crisis - a young mother diagnosed with breast cancer, an infant taken too soon from this world by a sudden illness, a family trying to find their way after the loss of employment - and without hesitation the support begins pouring in through prayers, donations, words of encouragement, and beyond. Seeing people rally behind relative strangers, people who know one another just by what they choose to post about their lives on their blog, is an awesome thing and always reminds me of how much good there is in this world.

I've been following the story of Jennifer (known to her faithful readers as MckMama), a young mother of four from Minnesota. At 24 weeks into her pregnancy, her unborn son Stellan was diagnosed with heart failure. Jennifer and her husband were told he probably would not survive. Now, at nine months old, sweet Stellan is struggling again. He suffers from Supraventricular Tachycardia (which, in total dumbed down terms means his heart beats much faster than it should, like around 230 beats/minute), and despite great medical care his doctors are having a rough time getting him out of SVT. One of her Twitter updates earlier today indicated that Stellan will be airlifted to Boston where he underwent a procedure four months ago.

I can not begin to imagine the emotions MckMama must be experiencing right now as she watches her baby boy struggle. Through everything though, I am continually amazed by her strong faith. She is an amazing mother, and as part of the blogging community want to do what I can to support her, her husband, her three young children at home, and of course little Stellan.

Today, I am praying for Stellan. Will you join me?


Prayers for Stellan

2 comments:

Tina said...

This story was featured on the news up here last night. Poor little guy!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying,the Lord will use all ways to uphold this little guy and his family. Gramma Poke

Bless you for being God's vessel..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails