Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Photo Heavy Post Documenting This Summer's Cousins Day Out


Yesterday the girls and I headed south to meet up with Mrs. MC, Tank & Diesel and AL, Relish, The White Tornado, Elizabeth Taylor, Little Miss & Reuben for a day of fun in the sun at Tipton Trails' splash park. The pictures basically speak for themselves so I'll keep my commentary to a minimum. Needless to say, it was a great day from start to finish (especially since we missed the afternoon downpour by mere minutes).

Shortcake was, as always, ecstatic to spend an entire afternoon with all her cousins. She played in the sprinklers minimally, preferring to play on the playground equipment the majority of the time. She was not pleased when her cousins did not choose to spend their day at the park similarly as documented in the fourth picture.



Punkin's trend of shunning any apparatus which sprays water intermittently continued for the first hour and a half that we were at the park. She finally started to warm up to the idea of at least getting her feet yet and was full-fledged sprinkler crazy by the time the crew from Pontiac arrived.
Just as Punkin was getting brave enough to play in the water, Shortcake pulled a classic maneuver. Punkin didn't see this one coming at all and handled the situation surprisingly well.



Really, is there anything more fun than spending time with your cousins? Both The General and I have very fond memories of growing up with our extended families, and it warms my heart to know that the same will be true for our girls. It's by far the biggest and best perk to living close to our families.
Memories for a lifetime, I tell ya.

5 comments:

tlk said...

I'm glad you didn't call me. I would have hated to intrude on cousin day. The boys probably would have just beaten all the cousins up anyway.

Tina said...

Look how big everyone is! And AL's oldest (I am not sure which blog name she is) - wow! She has grown up so much, and is just beautiful! What a fun day!

The MC said...

It was a great day!!! Glad you missed the downpour -- it was really raining hard by the time we got to swim lessons.

Drunk Driver said...

Is that Rueben's leg exposed to sunshine and fresh air!?!? YAY!! I'm glad all of you had such a great time.

Meghann said...

I'm so jealous!

I have fond memories of huge family get togethers at the beach with cousins everywhere. My kids don't have that and it makes me sad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails