Thursday, July 30, 2009

My New Favorite Flower


The gladiolas bulbs that I planted late this spring have finally started to bloom, and they are beautiful! This was the first bulb that blossomed, and I think the color is awesome. I hated to cut it, but at the same time I wanted to be able to enjoy it from inside the house.

I bought the bulbs from Wal-Mart in a bag labeled "assorted colors", so I had no idea what was going to come up where. So far there's only one other that has blossomed and it's a bright yellow. I think whatever else comes up is going to have a hard time beating this one though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cool color! Gramma Poke

Tina said...

Beautiful, Mrs! Good work! Now, if only I had some sort of green thumb.....

AuntieM said...

One of my favorites too! Big Poke plants about 50-60 in different flower beds and in the garden...they are now starting to bloom and we have some amazing colors-yours is really a beautiful blend!! the only down side is that you have to dig up the bulbs in the fall in put them into a dark dry place for the winter..but they are worth all the trouble!! enjoy!!

Moder said...

Beautiful! I Love the colors and how it grew. This year, being the Illini fan I am :) I planted some orange and white flowers in a blue pot on the balcony... looking forward to having a house so I can really plant. I will call you for advice since you seem to have the green thumb! Hope all is well!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails