Reasons I am not happy that The General's vacation is ending:
- He won't be home for dinner.
- I'll have to clear off the dinner table by myself again.
- His going back to work means my return to work is that much closer.
- I'll have to do bedtime routines with the girls by myself.
- No more running to the store for a quick trip without the girls in tow.
- I won't have any good Wii competition until after 10:30 pm.
- Family adventures will either be confined to a Saturday or Sunday or I'll have to take two kids by myself. That thought frightens me.
- He didn't get a chance to play golf or work on his tan while he was home.
- There will be no one to look at and say, "What the hell?" when the girls have lost a grip on their sanity and self-control.
- No more mid-day bear hugs.
- The amount of time we have for quality conversation will decrease dramatically.
- He'll miss out on the crazy things the girls do or say during the day. Retelling a funny story just isn't the same as being there to witness it yourself.
- Those things which weren't finished in the home improvement project will have to be done on his weekends which are already packed solid for at least the next three weeks.
- The girls are really going to miss having him around especially on those days when Mommy is less than chipper.
- I'm not thrilled about him going back to the stress and frustration he experiences on a day-to-day basis at work.
- I'll just plain miss spending all day with my best friend.
On the flip side...
Reasons I am glad The General's vacation has come to an end:
- Maybe I'll rediscover my early summer motivation to work out every day.
- Perhaps I'll go back to blogging more than twice a week and people will stop hounding me about my lack of posts (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, JENNIFER!).