Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I fell in love with him sixteen years ago because he made me laugh, calmed my worries and fears, supported me, encouraged me, loved me right back. The fact that he was (and still is) devastatingly handsome didn't hurt either.

I married him because he was my best friend, the one person I wanted by my side for the rest of my life. I married him because we shared the same dreams and because I couldn't imagine what my life would be like without him in it.

I knew he would be a good daddy to our kids, but I had no idea that he would become the hero in our lives. He is equal parts fun and disciplinarian. He's gentle with them when they need it, playful and rambunctious when they need that too. He took to fatherhood with ease, jumping head first into a role that I honestly anticipated would take some getting used to. He makes sacrifices to stay home with them in the mornings while I'm at work; I hope someday our girls realize how incredibly lucky they were to have their daddy all to themselves for that time. He loves his girls with his whole heart, and I know he would do anything and everything to keep them safe and happy. I could not have picked a better father for my children.

Seeing him with our daughters has made me fall in love with him all over again. Marrying this man is the best decision I have ever made in my life.

Happy Father's Day to you, General. You are the glue that holds us together, our Prince Charming, our knight in shining armor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you too much time on your hands.

Jamie Basham

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Dave.. Gramma P.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, very nice... your mom just showed us your blog. Laura and I will try to keep an eye on it.

Jamie and Laura

tlk said...

If you check the Kresl family blog there is no mention of me even being a father let alone a good father. You're so lucky General

Tina said...

A beautiful post, Mrs!! The General is a great guy - and lucky to have you and the girls!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails