Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Apple Season at One Carbon Hill

Last week for my birthday I received a SHINY! NEW! IPOD! from The General and the girls. I've been playing with it every night since, downloading and uploading and side loading songs all the live long day.

Because we're total dorks when it comes to giving gifts, I told The General that I had planned on getting him a SHINY! NEW! IPOD! of his very own for Christmas this year. He scolded me, telling me that he was putting his foot down and that we were absolutely not exchanging gifts as we jointly decided last month (I have a habit of agreeing to the no gifts policy only to have at least three wrapped presents under the tree for The General on Christmas Eve leaving him to feel like a scrooge for actually following our pact and not getting me anything. Six years we've been playing this game - you'd think he'd learn). I told him that was fine and that I would abide by our redoing-the-dining-room-is-our-gift-to-each-other deal. I would just give him the IPod as a birthday present four months early. He did not protest. After all, we both knew that with him being the music lover that he is, it would kill him to watch me load what he declares as crap to my IPod while he sits silently and waits. Patience has never been his strong suit.

I've had my IPod exactly one week and currently have approximately 450 songs on my song list. The General received his yesterday afternoon and has over 600 songs on his. Despite that impressive number given the relative short time I've owned it, I'm having what The General refers to as "Downloaders Block". I know there are some must-have songs out there that I'm neglecting to add to my list, and that's where I call on you, my people.

What songs are on your all-time favorite list? What songs get you moving and make you sing and shimmy? What songs make up the soundtrack of your life? If you could only listen to the same five songs for the rest of your life, what would they be?

7 comments:

Munchkin said...

is this a secret way of getting our songs for pattenpalooza?

don't stop believing - journey
wonderwall - oasis
a recent find, cookie jar - gym class heroes
mr. larkin - state radio

and as always you have to have music to suit your particular mood at all times, her are some suggestions:
pink, hootie, michael, whitney, pearl jam, limp bizkit (although not so much anymore now that i don't work at american eagle, it's a little angry), ingrid michaelson, steven lynch

i also have dane cook, jim gaffigan, kevin james, and jeff dunham for long car rides

Tina said...

Where to start.....you gotta have Sexyback, Beat It, the WIcked soundtrack, some good Christmas tunes, a little Michael Buble, some Rat Pack stuff, Jimmy Buffett, Dave Matthews, some Alicia Keys, Weezer, Ice Ice Baby, and Baby Got Back. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Parker said...

Hmm...5 songs for the rest of my life?! Today, I would choose these 5.

Rod Stewart - "You're in My Heart"
Bill Withers - "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone"
James - "Laid"
Kid Rock - I love all of his albums
Shooter Jennings - "4th of July"
Jay Z Unplugged CD is really good too.

And, I am a sucker for classic rock...(100.7 is what I generally listen to at home)

The General said...

Jay-Z Unplugged? So he rapping without a mic?

parker said...

General, he has a mic, but it is not plugged in! Duh!!

Rikki said...

You can't go wrong with Billy Joel, Elton John and The Beatles.

Although if you are feeling naughty (and the kids aren't around) Snoop Dogg (Doggystyle) and Easy-E can really get the rage out! :)

Anonymous said...

Rikki - you are so cool. The Beatles rock in our house too.
The Mrs. - what color is your iPOD??
-ABT

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails