Wednesday, December 3, 2008

From The Eyes Of The Birthday Girl

And they call her "To-uh-ne Deaf"...

They can't carry a tune in a bucket, but God love 'em I think Punkin and Shortcake enjoyed yesterday even more than I did. I knew it before hand, but a day like yesterday just serves as a reminder of what wonderful family and friends I have. I am a lucky girl, and your birthday wishes via phone calls, visits, e-cards, emails and comments made my day.

Although they did pale in comparison to the sweet misguided student I had the pleasure of working with today.

Her: Happy belated birthday!
Me: Thank you! I'm really an old lady now.
Her: You're not old, The Mrs. You're only 27, aren't you?
Me: You're getting an extra speech dollar today.

That observation, although off the mark, came at a very timely moment considering when I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror on the first morning of my thirty-first year I was smacked in the face with gigantic bags under my eyes. Thanks for giving me life, mom, but you could have passed those genes along to my brother.

7 comments:

Munchkin said...

i'm not even trying to get any best sister-in-law points but i honestly thought you were turning 30 for some reason....anyway

punkin singing = painful does she do any thing below the 220 range?

The MC said...

Now we want cake!!! Glad you had a great birthday!!

parker said...

I am so glad you have the video option on your camera! That was great!

However, I thought you were 32!

Tina said...

Ouch, Parker!

Tina said...

In my professional opinion, I recommend getting those children some music lessons pronto. Maybe they can sing "One Little Candle" as a duet sometime soon. Then Punkin can blow it out.

The General said...

Obviously, we no longer encourage singing in our house.

The Mrs. said...

Munchkin, here's the scary thing. That WAS Punkin's inside voice. I suggest you pack some Excedrin migraine for Dec. 20th.

Oh, and Parker, I'm no longer talk to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails