Monday, November 10, 2008

A Very Serious Question To Pose To The Readers Of One Carbon Hill

Imagine yourself sitting at your kitchen or dining room table. Placed in front of you is a delicious sandwich, ham and/or turkey with or without condiments depending on your preferences. Why anyone would eat a deli sandwich without any type of condiment is beyond me, but this phenomenon is not within the realm of discussion currently. A tall glass of milk sits to your right. Also on your plate are some potato chips and a generous helping of cold applesauce.

Concerning those chips and applesauce: to dip or not to dip? Tonight, that is the question.

Feel free to leave a comment voicing your opinion, or take the very scientific poll on the right to cast your vote.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Monkey will dip anything in her applesauce! =) She didn't eat squat for dinner tonight though...typical!

The MC said...

You've gotta dip. I agree with you, Mrs., that the idea sounds repulsive, but my Mr. MC got me hooked.

Munchkin said...

dip always dip

Meghann said...

Um, no. I don't find it vile, but it's not for me. I do however dip my fries in my Wendy's frosty. If you haven't tried that, you haven't truly lived.

The MC said...

Yum. Fries and Frosties!!

Parker said...

You gotta dip! I was just having this conversation with Randy...started with a conversation about "Crispy Waffle"...turned into fries and ice cream...then to fries and frosties. It's that salty and sweet combination that can't be rivaled! Plus...if you are dipping a bad food in a healthy food...it cancels out the calories...right?!

Anonymous said...

So Mrs. are you a believer yet, your girls will dip their chips in applesauce - it is in their blood. If not, I will demand DNA tests!

tlk said...

I assume this question was posed with the assumption that every kid in the world will dip anything in ketchup. Like apple fries at BK or broccoli.

Rikki said...

I think that sounds nasty. But then again, I have a daughter who dips her hotdogs in ranch, so who am I to talk!

Tina said...

Hmmm....while I don't think it's disgusting, I've never tried it. You know what is good? Doritos dipped in cottage cheese. Yummy!

Munchkin said...

tina you're disgusting

AuntieM said...

Tina, you were reading my mind!! also good is ruffles potato chips dipped in cottage cheese ,yum yum

Meghann said...

tina-I think you're my soul mate. Seriously. Doritos dipped in cottage cheese is one of my secret loves. (well, guess it's not so secret any more!)

BretCB said...

Presuming that exact plate was in front of me, I would probably presume the apple sauce was for dipping the sandwich before I thought to dip chips in it. But I might try it, just to see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails