Tuesday, September 9, 2008

For Her Daddy (Since Apparently He Now Prefers To Communicate Via Blog Posts)

After returning home this afternoon, I noticed Punkin sitting on the driveway off by herself, head hanging low and looking dramatically pitiful (or pitifully dramatic, it works both ways).

Me: What's wrong, Punkin?
Her: *heavy sigh* I miss Daddy. *heavy sigh*

During our dinner conversation, Punkin and I had this exchange:

Me: Tonight is bath night.
Her: No. I watch football!

Following dinner, as I was putting away food, Punkin gave me a stern warning.

Her: (pointing to the pyrex full of spaghetti) Save that [for] daddy!

(Editor's note: Bracketed word added by me to aid in clarification of her intended message)

As I was getting her ready for her bath I asked her about her morning with Daddy. She told me all about crackers and apples, and then I asked her about going to the babysitter's.

Me: Did you give Daddy a hug when he left?
Her: (a puzzled look on her face) I sink so...

Finally, it's become a bedtime ritual for Punkin and I to sit on the chair in her room for a little cuddling and debriefing on the day's events. I often ask the girls as I'm tucking them in what their favorite part of the day was, and today's response from Punkin was as sweet as could be.

Me: What was your favorite part about today?
Her: I dun know.
Me: Was it playing outside?
Her: (shakes her head no, slowly)
Me: Was it riding in Little Rocket?
Her: (shakes her head, slower still)
Me: Was it getting hugs from Daddy?
Her: (smile spreading across her face, nods her head yes)

That girl. She has her moments, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. I can just see her. General, you must have tears in your eyes! Gramma Poke.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails