Monday, September 8, 2008

As The Barenaked Ladies Once Said, It's Been One Week Since You Laughed At Me

One week. Seven days. 168 hours (roughly) since I lasted posted on this blog. Did you think I had deserted you for thinner pastures? I think since the birth of The Life and Times at One Carbon Hill this is the longest I've gone without boring you to tears with my pointless ramblings. I was a bit unsettled by this fact all week long, but I really reached the pinnacle of concern when The General pointed out my lack of posts in almost a week's time, using the term "slacker" without hesitation. I've not dared look at my stats for the past seven days as I'm sure the lack of traffic will be drastic and my fragile ego just can't take that kind of rejection in my new state of wellness and healthier living.

Basically, in case any of you care, there have been no updates from The Hill only because life right now is pretty darn boring. It's the back to school slump, and since I'm away from the girls the majority of the day my blogable material is cut drastically. By the time I get home, get supper ready and then cleaned up, play with the girls, get through our bedtime routine and finally have them down for the night I'm pretty much spent. Plus, with my new dedication to working out more than just my fingers at the keyboard each night, my blogging time has been cut even shorter.

And as if all that isn't enough of a valid excuse for my lack of blogging, we've been just plumb tuckered what with all the Cootie catching...



...and pre-driver's ed tutorials...


...and feeding the hungry fawns of Woodford County.

I mean, really. It's exhausting being me sometimes.

And tonight you throw together an early dark evening with steady rain falling outside, cool fall temperatures, a brewing headache that may or may not be caused in part thanks to the monster zit forming on my forehead a mere two days from picture day at school (of course - it always happened to me in high school so why not as a 30 year old professional, I say), and an NFL double-header on ESPN (not that it matters *ahem* victorious *ahem*) and that just calls for curling up on the couch under a warm blanket.
So I bid you all adieu now that I've let you all know that I'm still alive. That couch is seriously calling my name.

7 comments:

Tina said...

If it makes you feel any better, I had an enormous zit on my upper lip for my school picture last Friday. It's just now going away. Typical.

Tina said...

Oh, I forgot to mention - LOVE Shortcake's Trojan Football t-shirt. Awesome!

jen said...

Slack all you want! We don't judge....well, we say we don't, but secretly might...at least Swanny will. Anyway, we've had week-long-hiatuses this summer on My Life with Dogs that have prompted calls from family to be sure we were OK...just livin' life away from the computer. See ya back at school in a few weeks.

The General said...

Whew... if you waited much longer to post, I thought we would have to start actually talking again.

Rikki said...

I think everyone is in a blog-slump. Its not just you.

As for the zit, thank goodness for photo editing. I am hitting late-twenties (I am clinging to my twenties until d-day in december) puberty I think. I had a monster zit last week that actually hurt when I smiled.

I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Gramma Poke with her 3 girls. I knew you would be back sometime, I have been "checking in" on One Carbon Hill every evening.
MomOf53

tlk said...

so even though i have updated the blog in the past week your blog still lists it as being updated a week ago so you don't look as bad a me? thanks. and oh yeah, thanks for all the ribbing about anderson. I started him out of spite against the best team in football when i could have started a dazzling mcnabb instead. not my fault, it's never my fault

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails